Fatherhood has changed more in the last half century than at any other time in recorded history. Fathers are actively involved in family life and spend triple the time with their children compared to the 1970’s.
The contemporary dad supports pregnancy attends antenatal appointments is present at the birth and is much more likely to tenderly nurture the emotional development of their children.
The PREPARE Foundation wishes to celebrate the evolution of fatherhood with an annual photographic competition that helps define the various roles of the modern dad.
We are seeking images that capture the full spectrum of perinatal fatherhood (conception to the child’s first birthday) from beautiful pregnancy images, birth photography and cute newborns shots.
We want to see the ‘reality’ rather than the ‘posed’ the joyful and the loving side of fatherhood as well as the hardship and the challenge.
There will be a total of 7 prizes in 3 categories –
Category 1: Pregnancy
Category 2: Birth
Category 3: Perinatal fatherhood
It is proposed that the winners will be announced on Australian fathers day 2022.
Closes: August 21
Judging: August 22 to 3 September 2022
Winners Announced: 4 September 2022
The judging panel are perinatal professionals from a range of disciplines.
• The intention of this competition is to feature fathers in care giving roles during the perinatal period. If a child is clearly older than one your photo will not be eligible. Note: Pics with children older that one in the same frame as a dad and his newborn are acceptable.
• Individuals may enter only 5 photos into the contest. All 5 photos may be in the same category or in different categories.
• The entrant must possess the full rights to the images submitted.
• The entrant is responsible for obtaining the appropriate consent for use of the image, if required.
• By submitting a photo you grant the PREPARE Foundation and judging organisations a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, distribute and communicate to the public that credited photo for non commercial purposes.
• The PREPARE Foundation and judging organisations will not be liable for any third party misuse of images.